Thursday, November 12, 2020

Republicans Seriously Proposing Ignoring Election Results

Governor Ron DeSantis in Florida has proposed that Republican legislatures ignore the election results and certify Trump loyal electors. 

The fact that this is probably so illegal that not even a 6-3 conservative SCOTUS would allow it is besides the point. 

Let me make this clear. Republicans are proposing the election be set aside and Trump returned to office for no other reason than that's what they want. 

Other Republican officials, including Marco Rubio, continue to throw doubt on the legitimacy of the election. 

After this, how can anyone with an ounce of honor or integrity even consider voting Republican? 

I might be able to forgive people for wanting to impose their religion on me. I might be able to forgive people for trying to use the rule of law to force women to carry unwanted pregnancies to term. I might be able to forgive people for being racist or bigoted against LGBTQ folks. 

But I sure as hell will not forgive people for trying to destroy our democracy and subject us to authoritarian rule.

No comments: