Thursday, July 08, 2010

It’ll be Spain v. Holland in the Final

Spain managed to clog the middle and slow things down against Germany yesterday and pull out a 1-0 victory with a goal in the 72nd minute by Carles Puyol.

It was a clear case of age and treachery overcoming youth and skill. In other words, Spain used their experience to control the play and take the prize. Of course Germany having to sit Thomas Muller didn’t help any.

Spain’s victory means we’ll have a new World Cup Champion. Neither Spain nor Holland has ever won a World Cup.

So, that leaves me 11-3 in the Knockout Rounds, 22-8 overall and it’s on to the finals.

In the 3rd Place game I have to go with Germany over Uruguay.

In the Championship Game it’s obvious to me that I have no idea who’s going to win. Either team would make a worthy champion. I’d love to see the Dutch win it, but, I don’t think it’s going to happen. I’m going with Spain.

So, my final World Cup summary:

Germany over Uruguay
Spain over the Netherlands

No comments: