Monday, January 09, 2006

NFL Playoffs Round #1

The Redskins defense sets up two touchdowns, the Giants offense plays its worst game of the year thanks to John Fox's defensive scheme, New England looks almost unbeatable and Carson Palmer tears his ACL. End result, the Skins, Panthers, Pats and Steelers advance and the Bucs, Giants, Jaguars and Bengals go home.

Let's face it, a 23-0 pasting was a terribly depressing way to spend a Sunday afternoon at Giants Stadium and the towels supplied by Toyota were so pretty too. Blah, and don't get me started on the traffic getting in and out of there. I hope they get things cleaned up by next season.

I got 3 out of 4 right but protest the Bengals loss. I was expecting Palmer to be playing! Still, I'm doing slightly better than a random number generator. On to Round #2.

AFC
Pittsburgh at Indianapolis - Indianapolis. No real question in my mind on this one. The only way the Colts could get themselves in trouble is if they look forward to the winner of the New England vs. Denver game. You know they're expecting New England, but they have to get by the Steelers first.

New England at Denver - I'm going to go with New England, but I wouldn't be terribly shocked if Denver knocks them off.

NFC
Carolina at Chicago - Chicago, I'm going with Chicago all the way. I would love to see a Colts vs. Bears Super Bowl.

Washington at Seattle - Washington's run comes to an end. I'll take Seattle.

No comments: