Monday, January 23, 2006

AFC and NFC Championship Games

Pittsburgh and Seattle huh? Who Woulda thunk it? I’m really surprised that Pittsburgh made it. It’s funny but I’ve been waiting for Plummer to implode. First I thought he would during the back end of the regular season and then I was pretty sure he would against New England. I finally decide I’m wrong about the guy and he turns the ball over four times.

At least Seattle won one for sanity and eliminated Carolina. What I find really strange though is we have a cardiac season but somehow the championship games turn out to be duds. Seattle romped easily and, to be honest, Denver never really got back in the game against the Steelers after going down 24-3 at halftime.

So I end up 5-5 through the play-offs and now the pressure is on. I get Super Bowl XL right and I salvage a better than a random pick record. Of course I get it wrong and I end up with worse than a random pick record.

Decisions, decisions. Pittsburgh was my downfall in the play-offs as I picked against them all three games. So now what? Hasselback looked darn good against the Panthers but the Steeler defense has been absolutely nasty and Roethlisburger has been playing well too.

The question is can they keep it up? I say no. I like the balanced attack of Seattle and their defense is no slouch either. I think Alexander and Hasselback play the game of their lives and stop the Steelers.

No comments: