Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Corona Virus March March 24, 2020

There are currently 53,461 reported case in the US and 698 deaths.

New York has 25,678 cases and 210 deaths
New Jersey has 3,675 cases and 44 deaths
California has 2,512 cases and 50 deaths
Washington has 2,221 cases and 111 deaths
Michigan has 1,795 cases and 24 deaths

 Things need to be better put in context. More information needs to be consistently provided by the state governments.

1. Positive Cases (which almost all are providing)
2. Number of deaths (which almost all are providing)
3. Number of tests done (which very few are providing)
4. Current hospital bed occupancy (which very few are providing)

As incredible as it sounds the New Jersey health commissioner, Judith Persichilli, has admitted that she doesn't even know the last two numbers.

How can you not know? This sort of data is critical to understanding what adjustments, if any, need to be made.

Trump is now making noises about restoring the economy by Easter. The state are pretty much telling him to fuck off. If he pushes it he'll find out what the term "open rebellion" means.

I got my exercise bike and my groceries from ShopRite. Of course they arrived at the same time leading to some chaos but ultimately we worked it out.

ShopRite called me prior to delivery to discuss four items they didn't have. They were toilet paper, which didn't really surprise me, seeded rye bread, so we substituted unseeded rye, plain English muffins which I just dropped and a particular type of pretzel which we substituted another type by the same company.

I would say overall a successful venture. Hopefully it stays that way.

We put the bike together yesterday as well. It wasn't too bad as they supplied the necessary implements.

It's going to take some getting used to though. The pedals are a bit tricky to get your feet into and trying to ride with them upside down is only partially successful. I'll have to work on it.

The other problem is the angles are all different and in particular I've been having some issue with my shoulders because I'm more hunched over. I'll have to adjust the handle bars some more and take my time getting used to it with short sessions.

Not as successful a venture as the ShopRite order but hopefully it will improve over time.

No comments: