Sunday, January 03, 2010

Assertions are just that, Assertions

That may sound obvious but I would say a large part of the American public doesn't understand that an Assertion carries with it NO authority without EVIDENCE to back it up.

Anyone can say anything. I can claim someone is dishonest, corrupt, cheats on their wife and is cruel to squirrels. Your default position should be to believe NONE OF IT unless I provide justification for what I am asserting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but opinions are NOT the same thing as facts. In my opinion the average American is an idiot and the primary reason I believe that is because the average American is willing to accept assertions as true without any evidence to back them up. Please note that is an OPINION. Feel free to argue with it but I can provide lots of examples that demonstrate I'm right. Death Panels? Who said anything about Death Panels?

And, you will excuse me, but the under 80 IQ trailer park types, sometimes known as the Republican base, are the most willing to accept such assertions which is why people like Limbaugh, Coulter, Dobson and Perkins haven't been laughed out of town yet.

If you do not DEMAND justification or evidence to back up bald faced assertions you are an IDIOT and easy to take advantage of. The Republicans and your Pastors have been doing it to you for years.

No comments: