Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The NFL Divisional Playoffs

I was riding high Saturday after going 2 for 2 only to go 0 for 2 on Sunday. I knew I should have gone with Baltimore.

Ah well, so I ended up doing no better than my pet goat Frankie who picks the winners randomly. He got 2 right as well. So, on to the divisional playoffs we go

Ravens at Colts
This is the tricky one right off the bat. The Colts barely beat them last time 17-15, but that was at Baltimore. This is going to be a close game but I’m going with Peyton and the Colts.

Jets at Chargers
The Jets have been playing great, and I love Mark Sanchez, but Phillip Rivers has been red hot and I think the Chargers are going to outgun the Jets. I’m going with San Diego.

Cardinals at Saints
New Orleans. Not a doubt in my mind about this one. I expect a real shootout here but I believe it will be the New Orleans defense that will ultimately decide the game. It will be high scoring and close to begin with but New Orleans pulls away in the 2nd half.

Cowboys at Vikings
This is another tough one. The Cowboys are on a roll and Favre and the Vikings have been showing some fraying at the edges. I think I’ll take the Cowboys.

No comments: