Thursday, October 06, 2005

Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs

In an article talking about an upcoming three-part series entitled "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", the BBC documents statements from the Palestinian Prime Minister Abu Mazen and his Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath about their first meeting with President Bush in June of 2003.

According to Shaath President Bush told them “I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, ‘George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.’ And I did, and then God would tell me, ‘George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …’ And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, ‘Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

Ok, nice president, nice Dubyah. Psst, quick, get the white coats! If this doesn’t scare the living daylights out of you what the hell will!! I wasn’t thrilled when I knew that Dubyah spent an inordinate amount of time talking TO God, but he thinks God talks back? He hears voices telling him what to do? Isn’t this a classic symptom of schizophrenia? We have a nutcase nutcase as well as a religious nutcase in the White House? Amsterdam or Wyoming? Amsterdam or Wyoming? So many decisions, so little time.

Mazen, in addition to confirming Shaath’s recollections claims Bush told him "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

I’m not too concerned about Dubyah thinking that he has a MORAL obligation to the Palestinians, and peace in the Middle East would certainly be a good thing, but what the hell does he mean when he says a RELIGIOUS obligation?

This is absolutely terrifying. A man once said, "anyone that thinks God is on their side is dangerous as hell!" What does that say about someone who thinks God is giving him instructions and he's carrying them out! Who does he think he is, George of Arc? Anyone check Dubyah to see if he has a bicameral brain?

Of course on the other hand, Mazen and Shaath could be exaggerating or inaccurate in their recollections. So why do I have this REALLY bad feeling that this is exactly what Dubyah said?

No comments: