Friday, October 07, 2005

Dubyah denies he claimed Divine Inspiration

The White House has issued an official denial of claims to be broadcast on an upcoming BBC three-part series about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq and to get the Palestinians a state.

Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then-foreign minister Nabil Shaath claim that at a meeting in June 2003 Dubyah told them:

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did. And then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... ' And I did."

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And by God I'm gonna do it',"

Abbas recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation. So I will get you a Palestinian state."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said "That's absurd. He's never made such comments."

Absurd? From the man that thinks the way to convince people of the qualifications of his Supreme Court nomination is to talk about her faith in God? Absurd? From the man who declared a "Jesus Day" when he was governor of Texas? Absurd? I think not.

You have to admit that things have come to a pretty sad state of affairs when I believe two Palestinians over the President of the United States. That's because this president is the biggest disgrace to ever sully the Oval Office and that INCLUDES Tricky Dick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote about my life and all that I have had to go through, I also ended that story with a little bit about how my life has changed, but I want to take it further.
Link to this site: youre inspiration
http://www.inspirational-faq.info/