Friday, August 14, 2026

Transgenderism

I honestly don't know if transgenderism is a real thing or a mental illness. The majority of biologists, doctors and psychologists appear to consider it a real thing. I'm none of those things, so all I can do is shrug.

However, here's what I do know.

Physical = Relating to things you can see, touch, or experience in the real material world. 

Psychological = Anything that relates to the mind, mental processes, or emotional states.

Sex = Biological traits. Being male or female based on reproductive organs and genes.

Gender = The socially constructed roles, behaviors, expressions, and identities, that cultures consider appropriate for a given sex, at a given point in time.

Sex is an immutable physical characteristic. It can't be changed other than cosmetically. That's a conclusion that I have reached. There are people that disagree with that conclusion.

Gender is a psychological characteristic. It exists on a continuum with man at one end, female on the other end, and varying degrees of gender nonconformity in between.

We have all met people that exhibit gender non-conformities. Usually they're one or two things, so I can sort of understand that, in some cases, there could be a whole bunch of them. But I'm not sure what that means.

What bothers me is that far too many people don't even understand that sex and gender are two different things. How can there be a conversation if people don't agree on the basic definition?

No comments: