Wednesday, October 12, 2022

They're Tracking Us

So what? Let them sell my data to the police and ICE because it's worthless. I haven't committed any crimes and I'm not an illegal alien. If someone monitors my activities they'll probably die of boredom. Besides, it's really way too late to worry about it.


The IRS, Medicare and the SSA know me better than my own mother did. My security clearance is no longer active so at least my FBI and CIA files are probably in storage. Google already sends me a monthly report on the places I've been. They stopped sending me paper football tickets and I have to use Google Pay so they know if I'm at the game. My backup generator sends me self-check texts and my Forester sends me regular reports on it's "health. If I Google a product I immediately start getting ads on my computer, tablet and phone about similar products. I don't even want to talk about how intertwined all of the various healthcare pieces are.

They do make mistakes though. They must think everyone was at Camp Lejuene and I don't understand why anyone thought I would be interested in buying anything from the Trump Store. I suppose they'll compensate for those sorts of errors as time goes on.

This is an example of the pros outweighing the cons for the overwhelming majority of people. Insuring that one doctor doesn't give you a prescription that interferes with a prescription issued by another doctor outweighs all of the annoying ads. Be careful about complaining you're tied to a smart phone because I'm sure someone in the not too distant future will figure out how to inject a RF ID chip that will allow you to do everything all by itself and make tracking you much more efficient.

No comments: