Monday, January 09, 2012

On to the Division Games

Ok, so my pet goat Frankie is as good as I am at picking NFL games. Shows that the NFL marketing strategy is working.

My 2-2 in the Wild Card games is about what you’d expect picking the winners randomly such as letting a pet goat (enter Frankie, stage left) select them with his hooves.

Bengals-Texans was a bit of a toss-up but I thought the QB inexperience would doom the Texans. Oh well, wrong again. As for the Giants, where the hell has that team been all year? I just hope they, and not the guys that played the Redskins, go to Green Bay.

As for Tim Terrific, I’m going to resist saying “I TOLD YOU SO,” although I really shouldn’t. I saw the Steelers 4th quarter comeback and Tim’s one play OT bomb shell at home after watching a good part of the 3rd Quarter at Appleby’s. It was watch Giants mangle Falcons, leave Giants game, go home, get wife, go to Appleby’s, go home, watch Tim confuse all the so-called experts again. In other words, a pretty good Sunday.

As for the Saints, that was a no brainer. An interesting side note, is that all the Wild Card Teams lost. I don’t remember that ever happening previously.

So, on to the Divisional Games where the big boys take on the Wild Card weekend survivors.

Let’s start with the Giants at Green Bay. This could be interesting but I find it hard to believe the Packers are going to stumble against the Giants. They’re rested, but not rusty, and they scored almost at will against the Giants in the Meadowlands. The Giants defense is healthier, but not that much healthier. I’m going with Green Bay.

I also think Drew Brees and company will send the 49ers home for the winter. The Saints offense is scary and don’t see how San Francisco is going to slow them down.

As for the Texans and Ravens, the QB situation catches up to the Texans and the Ravens defense ends the first post season entry for Houston.

Now you knew I was going to leave New England and the Broncos for last right? Again we have the plot elements for a continuation of Tim Tebow’s march to the Super Bowl. The Patriot’s defense has been awful. So we have a offense that thinks it can do miracles versus a defense that could use some miracles and a great offense against a tough, stingy defense. Call me old fashioned, but defense wins championships. I’m going with Denver to upset New England.

No comments: