Monday, January 30, 2012

The Super Bowl Tickets II

Ok, I got the tickets. I stood on line for two hours with other mature gentlemen to spend $1,800 to watch grown men play a kids game.

There is something fundamentally wrong with my paying close to $4,000 to have two of us go see a football game. There is even something more fundamentally wrong with the fact that almost no one I know sees a problem with this.

While on line I learned that Lucas Oil Stadium’s location is more like Yankee Stadium than MetLife Stadium. It’s smack dab in the middle of an urban area with no parking. Waiting until I arrived at the stadium to find a place to put the car could have been a disaster.

Apparently you park in commercial garages and it’s a good idea to reserve a spot unless you want to walk a mile to the stadium.

I went on-line to check for parking and almost fell off my chair. The prices ranged from around $50 to $300 for a stinking parking space for the day.

I plunked down $99 for a reserved spot about a quarter of a mile from the stadium.

Why am I getting the feeling that, after this game, I’m going to really appreciate MetLife Stadium?

As for the tickets, they’re in section 520, row 1, seats 1 and 2. No, the 520 doesn’t mean I’ll need oxygen; they’re at the corner of the end zone in the Terrace Level just above the loge area. Row 1 may, or may not, be a good thing. It depends upon how much room there is between the seats and what appears to be a wall. Seat 1 may not be a good thing, with people exiting and walking up and down the stairs, but I'll survive. I'll probably put my daughter in seat 2 assuming there isn't some yahoo in seat 3.

So, I think I got everything I need including a car to and from Newark and printed driving directions from Louisville to Seymour to Indianapolis and back. Obviously I can’t control the weather or flight delays but I think I’ve done everything I can.

All that’s left is to pack and go.

No comments: