Friday, January 06, 2012

The NFL Play-offs

Ah yes, the early winter when a young man’s fancy turns to thoughts of the NFL Play-offs. I’m already sick of all the analysis and predictions by people who should know by now that the entire marketing strategy of the NFL is to make the games as unpredictable as possible.

I’m sort of upset because I’ll be at the Falcons-Giants game at 1 PM on Sunday and the only other game I’m really interested in is the Steelers-Broncos game and that’s also Sunday at 4:30 so it’s not likely I’ll get to see much of that.

I should however make it home in time to watch Tim pull off another late game miracle. So there’s my first prediction, screw logic, Tebow and the Broncos upset a banged up Steelers team.

As for the game I’ll be at, I don’t see the suspect Giants defense holding the Falcons in check and I can’t rely on Victor Cruz to break another 80 or 90 yard touchdown run after catch so I’m afraid the Falcons win that one.

As for the Saturday games, I’m thinking the Bengals over the Texans and the Saints over the Lions.

No comments: