Monday, January 02, 2012

Iowa Ready

With the Iowa caucuses tomorrow I thought I’d put down a few thoughts.

Now that Herman Cain is history, I have to say that the only two GOP candidates that don’t scare the hell out of me are Jon Huntsman and Mitt Romney. And, to be honest, I’m not that sure about Romney.

It’s hard to decide which of the other four lunatics, Paul, Bachmann, Santorum or Gingrich, would make the worst candidate and, heaven forbid, even worse president.

I’m going to go with Rick Santorum at the bottom of the list followed by Michelle Bachmann. I find it almost unbelievable that I think someone would make a worse president than Bachmann but I do. Then I’ll go with Paul and, at the best of the worst position, I’ll put Newt Gingrich.

Don’t ask me again next week because I could easily reverse Santorum and Bachmann or Paul and Gingrich.

I just realized I forgot all about Rick Perry. Perhaps that's because he proved so effective at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't know what to do with Perry. Perhaps I'll add him to the top of the lunatic pile because I suspect he's more of a crook than a lunatic.

No comments: