Thursday, January 06, 2011

The NFL Play-offs

I know that the world is waiting with baited breath to learn whether or not I intend to make a fool of myself again by predicting the NFL Play-off results. My pet goat Frankie has already made his picks by choosing the winners randomly with his hoofs.

Frankie almost always does better than I do.

Last year I only managed a dismal 5-6 record through the Super Bowl and, if I want to avoid another humiliation, I should keep my mouth shut this year.

But what’s the fun in that? There isn’t any, so here we go again.

NFC Wild Card Games
Saints at Seahawks
– Absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Saints win this one.

Packers at Eagles – I’m going with the Packers. They are red hot and Philly is showing some wear and tear.

AFC Wild Card Games
Jets at Colts
– Again I’m going to take the Wild Card team and go with the Jets.

Ravens at Chiefs – It’s a clean sweep for the visitors in my opinion. I’m going with the Ravens over the Chiefs.

I find it hard to believe I’m going with all away teams on the first weekend but I just don’t think the Seahawks even deserve to be in the tournament and the AFC South has been weak as well. As for the Chiefs, I’m not a believer. The hardest game for me to pick was the Packers and Eagles. I was sorely tempted to choose the Eagles at home, but the Packers seem to be the hottest team in the league at the moment.

Ah well, we shall see how poorly I do this year.

No comments: