Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm Depressed!

Duh, it happens to all of us from time to time. All the little niggling annoyances pile up until you wish you were a dog and could just clump your muzzle on your paws and then proceed to whine and whimper. That being the case, whine, whine, whimper.

BLAH! And not only that but BLAH! Like I said I got the down in the mouth blues at the moment. Too bad I don’t play a musical instrument. What has brought this on you ask? Nothing of particular importance, just a combination of life’s little “gotchas.” Some are long term, some are short term, some are my own fault and some aren’t my fault. BLAH again. Where did I put that bottle of scotch? Play it again Sam and I’ll sing along. Swing low, sweet chariot, coming for to carry me home!

Let’s see, maybe I should indulge in the favorite American pastime. Who can I sue for making me depressed? There must be somebody I can blame this on? After all, NOBODY takes responsibility for themselves nowadays. Isn’t everything unfortunate that happens to you someone else’s fault?

Now I’m being cynical too. I’d go buy myself something but I can’t think of anything I want or need at the moment. BLAH!

Every once in a while stuff just catches up with you. As long as it doesn’t happen too often, and doesn’t last too long when it does, no big deal. Still I’m beginning to wonder if I don’t need a fundamental change somewhere; it’s getting harder and harder to drag my tail out of bed to face the world. I’m convinced I can’t win anymore, but it would be nice if I could work out something of a draw.

Maybe I should stop reading the news?

No comments: