Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Quiet Weekend

Another Labor Day weekend has come and gone. Things were pretty quiet, so just some random observations.
  1. Received word today that my friend in Mississippi and her family are ok, but still without any power. That was a good way to start the week.
  2. Moved #3 daughter back to school which turned out to be less painful than usual. Probably the result of $3+ per gallon gasoline keeping people off the road.
  3. It was announced by the NFL that the Sept. 18 Saints home opener against the Giants will be moved to Giants Stadium to be played as the first half of a Monday Night doubleheader at 7:30 EDT. No announcement has been made as to the ticket policy however which I, as a Giants ticket holder, have some interest in.
  4. Things finally seem to be getting a little under control in New Orleans. Dubyah says he isn't going to play the "blame game" whatever that means.
  5. I find it a little bizarre that Dubyah has, after the death of Chief Justice Rheinquist, switched John Roberts nomination to that of Chief Justice rather than Associate Justice. This strikes me as a little strange. Wouldn't it have made more sense to move a sitting justice into that position? While I'm not that nervous about Roberts replacing Rheinquist (it's the replacement for O'Conner that has me nervous), I'm not sure I want him as Chief Justice. Nor am I sure it's going to matter all that much.

No comments: