Friday, September 16, 2005

Forget the Prayers, Grab a Shovel

As I sat in my dentist's chair feeling the novacaine wear off while he was still playing territory in my mouth, I had the opportunity to contemplate the Prayer Service at the National Cathedral for the victims of Katrina. It seems Dubyah declared this a Day of Prayer last night and the service was in keeping with this pronouncement.

I'm SO glad we have a seperation of church and state! Thomas Jefferson must be spinning in his grave. I just couldn't help wonder how many of those bowing their heads in the National Cathedral hadn't even bothered to pitch in any cash to help out.

Since praying BEFORE the storm hit didn't seem to accomplish a lot, I don't see what anyone expects to accomplish by praying now. Forget the prayers and either grab a shovel or your checkbook.

No comments: