Friday, October 14, 2005

A Note from a Stranger

I got one of those chain e-mails last night. I recognize neither the name supplied by Hotmail nor the name in the e-mail and the idea that someone (anyone) would send me something with this kind of content is so ludicrous I can't resist analyzing the silly thing.

"This morning when the Lord opened a window to Heaven, he saw me, and he asked: 'My child, what is your greatest wish for today?'"

So, tell me, you hear voices often? You really need to get that checked. That have pills for that now you know.

"I responded: 'Lord, please take care of the person who is reading this message, their family and their special friends. They deserve it, and I love them very much'. The love of God is like the ocean: you can see its beginning, but not its end."

Hmmm, I don't even KNOW you so what's all this mumbling about love?

"This message works on the day you receive it. To some, it may sound dumb, but the person who sent this to me was impressed with the time. Let us see if it is true. Angels exist, but sometimes, since they don't all have wings, we call them friends, such as you. Pass this on to your true friends. Something good will happen to you today at 11:11 in the evening. Something that you have been waiting to hear. This is not a joke. Someone will call you by phone or speak to you about something that you were waiting to hear, or an angel will give you a message in your dreams."

Yes, it does sound dumb. Considering I was out cold by 11:11 (I assume that was 11:11 EDT), it must have been an angel in my dreams. Nope, not that I can recall.


"Do not break this chain – send it to a minimum of 7 people."

Uh-oh, I broke it. Does that mean I'm doomed? Excuse me while I begin to worry about the impending consequences of my foolish action (or rather lack of action).

No comments: