Wednesday, August 24, 2005

You want a what?

The idea of the Christian Right Wing Family Research Council asking me for a donation is so wildly ludicrous that, when I received a request for money to help finance their "unbudgeted Supreme Court nominee campaign," I felt it only polite to tell them they should really remove me from their mailing list and save the resources expended by asking for a donation.

August 23, 2005

Family Research Council
PO Box 2339
Holland MI 49422-2339

Dear Family Research Council,

I am uncertain how my name got on YOUR mailing list. Perhaps somewhere along the line I sent you a comment via e-mail. As a courtesy, since I am a Flaming Pinko Card Carrying Member of the ACLU that deplores your stand on “protecting marriage,” considers your idea of “family values” to be just short of blatant intolerance, would much rather see a woman have control over her body than the state, finds the death penalty to be barbaric and long overdue for extinction and would like to see a Conservative nominee to the Supreme Court about as much as I would like a tooth ache, I will inform you that you have about as much chance of ever getting a donation out of me as a Rabbi has of being elected Pope. Let’s face it folks, I doubt that we agree on ANYTHING!

Alencon
Alencon13@hotmail.com

No comments: