Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Mail

A somewhat exiting daily event, the arrival of the mail.

It's not nearly as exciting as it used to be as we have most of our bills on auto pay so we don't get many bills in the old snail mail. I get dire warnings about impending deductions via e-mail. I suppose they want me to make sure I have sufficient funds.

One exception is the water bill. They made it too painful to set up auto payments so I usually wait until it arrives and then pay it online.

Suez Water Company
So, on the top of the stack is an envelope from Suez (the new name of Hackensack Water) stamped "Reminder Enclosed." Couldn't be the bill; we already got one this month. Ah, yes, they're reminding me that I haven't bought their water line insurance for about $10 a quarter.

Let's see, I've been living here 32 years without this insurance and I've never had a problem so I figure I'm about $1300 ahead of the game. I think I'll just let it continue to slide.

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
An advertisement plus coupons which is actually addressed to my #3 daughter. I'll let her decide what to do with it.

Family Circle Magazine
Actually it's addressed to my wife complete with what looks like a renewal bill and our daily 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I'll let her worry about it.

New York University School of Professional Studies
Looks like a course catalog addressed to my #1 daughter. I'll let her worry about it.

The Woman Within
Hmm, plus side woman's brands addressed to my wife or current resident. I'll have to pretend I didn't see this or I'll be joining my wife on a diet for the next month or two.

Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer
An advertisement addressed to Resident containing my road map for cheating on that diet.

Valpak Coupons
Local store coupons addressed to Our Friends. I'll let my wife worry about that too.

American Express Platinum Card
My quarterly offer from American Express to apply for their platinum card. I already have a Bank of America Platinum Account with card and a Chase Freedom Card. I used to have an American Express from work but gave it up when I retired. I don't need it.

CVS Pharmacy
Samples and coupons addressed to my #1 daughter.

This was the sort of mail I like. Absolutely nothing for me to do and no headaches or problems. I like it.

No comments: