Friday, June 28, 2013

SCOTUS Strkes Down DOMA

I said on June 21:

"The most I believe we can hope for is the striking down of DOMA and allowing the lower court ruling that Prop 8 is unconstitutional stand on procedural grounds."

So we got what I thought was the most we could hope for. Cool.

I had to shake my head at Scalia. In his dissent, just one day after he voted with the majority to strike down a key provision of the Voting Rights act overwhelmingly endorsed by Congress in 2006, He had the gall to say the court had no right to strike down a law enacted by a democratically elected legislature.

He is the worst sort of hypocrite. The type that doesn't even care that he's a hypocrite.

In the meantime, religious right types are going absolutely crazy over this decision and I'm loving every minute of it.

No comments: