Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Obama’s Libya Speech

Wow, I felt like I was getting scolded.

The President took the high road last night and threw around a lot of glittering generalities about freedom, support of the international community, the self determination of the Libyan people and how the U.S. involvement would be a limited one.

If we were addressing all of the serious issues facing this country, perhaps not solved them yet but at least seriously addressing them, it would easily have satisfied me. But, I am getting very frustrated at what I see as the total lack of action in areas like the deficit and the national debt.

While I don’t begrudge the Libyans help, I would like to see some action to clean up our own house. I’m not pitching isolationism but simple common sense. We’re not going to be of any help to anyone if our economy collapses under this escalating debt. Enough is enough already.

I honestly do not believe that Obama understands the issue and that is a terrible disappointment.

No comments: