Friday, June 25, 2010

The Soccer Universe is back in Order

Spain defeated a game, tough Chile team 2-1 while Switzerland could only manage a 0-0 tie with Honduras.

That means Spain and Chile advance. Spain will meet Portugal and Chile will play Brazil. And no I'm not going to make myself look any more ridiculous by trying to choose the Round of 16 winners. After a lack luster 11-5 record in the Group Finals, I'm retiring before I make a complete fool of myself.

But if I was going to pick I'd take:

Uruguay over South Korea
USA over Ghana
Germany over England
Argentina over Mexico
Netherlands over Slovakia
Paraguay over Japan
Brazil over Chile
Spain over Portugal

Oh I'm SO dumb but I just can't resist getting egg all over my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be my picks too, and the bookies' as well I would imagine... save the Ghana-USA one, that one I don't really know.