Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Let’s Talk Some Football

Given my limited time to play with my blog, I didn’t bother with the NFL this season. That doesn’t mean I stopped being a fan. I dutifully was at all the Giants home game including the final barn burner against New England. If only we could have recovered that onside kick…

But now we’re into the second round of the playoffs and I feel absolutely obligated to embarrass myself once again by trying to predict the winners and losers.

In the NFC, Dallas ends the season for my Giants and Brett Favre and the Packers send the Seahawks home as well.

In the AFC, the Colts handle the Chargers and, here it comes folks, Jacksonville upsets the Patriots.

Why do I say that you ask? I watched the Pats from the stands which is very different from watching their on TV. Their offense is an unbelievable machine but their defense is soft. It’s their Achilles Heal. They also put a lot into beating the Giants. I think they left a lot of it on the floor of the Meadowlands making it 16-0 and their going to come out flat against Jacksonville.

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships, the Jaguars surprise everyone and beat the Pats.

In the Championship games, the Cowboys end Brett Favre’s Cinderella season and the Colts beat the Jaguars. Jacksonville can’t beat the two best quarterbacks in football on consecutive weekends.

In the Super Bowl, it’s the Cowboys.

What do you figure the odds are I got all four of the first games wrong? Three of the four? Half of them? Excuse me while I go put in a stock of crow just in case.

No comments: