Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Bowl XL

Don’t talk to me. I knew I should have gone with Pittsburgh. Final score Steelers 21, Seahawks 10.

There are three types of games that drive me to distraction. Games where one team seems to do everything right but just can't put up points. Games where one team seems to do everything wrong except for a few really big plays and games where it seems like the referees had more to do with the final score than the players. Super Bowl XL had a touch of all three.

The BIG one was the phantom holding penalty which erased the Seattle first down on the 1 yard line. That could have led to a 17-14 lead. Oh well, thems the breaks. Holding penalties, like pass interference, can sometimes be a bit subjective and I’m not the one that has to make the decision in the blink of an eye.

I think Hasselback played well but Alexander was a bit of a disappointment. He had a fair game but never really made his mark. On the Steeler side we had what I can only call a team effort. Lots of folks just did their job.

Alas it appears that the bus has made its last stop. If that’s the case, so long Jerome, we’ll miss you.

Now let’s talk commercials. Overall the ads were ho-hum except for two. The best was the Bud Light “Magic Fridge” commercial and second place goes to the Diet Pepsi stunt double commercial with Jackie Chan.

With the Super Bowl over, I can start saving my pennies for my 2006 tickets. WOO-HOO!! I wonder who Coughlin will go for in the draft?

No comments: