Monday, February 06, 2006

Grey’s Code Black

Apparently the strategy of ABC was to ensnare a number of males watching Super Bowl XL by advertising that got everyone asking themselves what the heck a “Code Black” was?

Well it sort of worked. I hung around for the beginning with a nagging suspicion that it was some kind of bomb threat. They almost lost me 2 minutes into the show with what I can only call a female’s conception of a male fantasy. Sorry, but I’d really rather not get into a shower with three chicks at the same time.

It finally turned out that some bozo had managed to shoot himself with a replica WW II bazooka and some paramedic had her hand inside the bozo and holding something to prevent the shell from exploding. Or so the show implied.

I don’t think so. If I remember correctly a bazooka shell had a warhead that exploded on impact. I’m pretty sure it didn’t have a pin like a hand grenade. So if it hasn’t exploded yet, it probably isn’t going to any time soon. Once I found out what it was I lost interest and left, but I hear the paramedic bailed out and now one of the regulars is holding down the fort with her hand inside the patient. Again, I don’t think so. If the paramedic was preventing an explosion by holding something down, I suspect it would have gone boom as soon as she let go.

Just out of curiosity I went to the show’s forum to see if anyone was questioning the rationale. I did see one person who sounded a little skeptical about the hand switching bit but most were blubbering about how “intense” the show was and how they were “shaking all over” while watching it. Are these people serious? It’s a freaking TV show!

No comments: