Monday, November 07, 2005

The Whole Terrell Owens Thing

I don't get it; I just don't get it. T.O. finally went too far. I've always taken the position that anyone who can play like this guy can play can celebrate any way he wants. As a matter of fact I was in the minority that found his antics amusing, but I could never understand his apparent feud with Donovan McNabb.

I mean McNabb is the man that is going to get you a ring. This is the guy that, despite hurting, is still playing his heart out week in and week out. So how the hell can you say something like "if Brett Favre were quarterback we'd be undefeated."

What the heck man? While not taking anything away from future hall of famer Brett, that was a really dumb thing to say. Now at least have the guts to admit it was a dumb thing to say and apologize. I suspect it's too late to be welcomed back with open arms in Philadelphia, but at least you won't go out looking like a total fool.

In the meantime an Owensless Eagles got bounced by the Redskins 17-10 last night, which, if I'm not mistaken, drops the 4-4 Eagles into the cellar in the NFC East. Next week they get Dallas, coming off a bye, at home, and then it's a trip to the very unfriendly confines of Giant's Stadium. The Eagle's season might be on the line in the next two weeks.

Two wins and they're back in the hunt; two loses and they're just about through. How could it have come to this?

No comments: