Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Christmas Taste

Or, rather, the lack of it. The local Stop & Shop has a nice salad bar that I walk over to in order to get lunch. A while back, they got in a shipment of 8 foot tall soft plastic Christmas Snow Globes which I assume are for lawn ornamentation. They had a Santa and an elf inside and tiny styrofoam spheres being blown about to simulate snow.

They set one up on display and, I mean, IT WAS TRULY HIDEOUS LOOKING. To make matters even worse, they had a price tag of $149.99. There were about 20 of them to begin with and, believe it or not, just about all of them are gone. There’s only three left and they’re still selling for $149.99. It’s not like they were reduced to $10 or anything.

Why the hell would anybody want something like that? I can think of a lot of good stuff I could buy for $149.99! Somebody is actually going to put this thing on their lawn? Can you get a ticket for poor taste? Give me a break! I’m sure you can do a lot better than this!

Christmas distaste in alive and well and living in the vicinity of Clifton New Jersey.

1 comment:

IsThatLatin said...

Think about it. It's a giant snow globe. If only they can make them bigger and you can stand inside it. Admit it...that would be awesome. :)

I've seen those things at the store here too...and I think I'm okay with the giant snow globe part of it. I mean, so it goes on peoples' lawns for a holiday season and then it gets stuffed into the garage. Fine. But when I look at the whole picture...all that is in the line of "Christmas decorations." When it's finally all combined and the house and yard is covered with it...yeesh...now that's tacky. Or, to be honest, it might just be that it's for Christmas. This holiday that Christians hijacked. *sigh*