Monday, August 29, 2005

Little League World Series

Every year I catch portions of the Little League World Series. I probably watch more LLWS than major league baseball. Why? Because it strikes me as a purer form of the game. I just love the excitement these kids obviously feel.

Every year I sit there amazed at how well the game is played by 11 and 12 year olds. I almost fell out of my chair when this kid from Hawaii plunked a 270 foot home run over the wall only to be even more surprised when a kid from California put a 280 foot homer into the parking lot.

The final game, between Curacao and Hawaii, was one of the best with Hawaii scoring 3 runs in the last of the sixth inning to tie the game and then winning it in the last of the seventh with a solo home run 7-6. Congratulations to Ewa Beach Hawaii on winning the championship.

No comments: