Friday, August 26, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I suddenly realized I haven't said anything about the latest Harry Potter! I like Harry Potter. I line up with the 8 and 9 year olds whenever the latest book comes out (well, not really, I usually pick it up about a week later). I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my house that's read them all. As a matter of fact #3 daughter, the artist, is on a mission not to read any book or see any film with Harry Potter in the title.

Hey, but I dig it! I'm keeping a list of all the spell words and incantations so if I can ever find a REAL magic wand I'll be in business!

Well, not really, but I do think the books are rather clever. I have to admit they seemed much more clever early on and there is some level of staleness beginning to appear, but I still find them appealing.

I can't wait to see how JKR is going to bring it all to a conclusion. I hope she doesn't punk out and end it all with some kind of cloying "oh look, now we're all friends" kind of ending. To be honest I think things have gone too far for that and the only way to settle the conflicts generated during the first six books is violently and with blood. Doesn't seem very appropriate for a kiddie book though does it?

No comments: