Monday, August 29, 2005

How about taking in a movie?

Not a bad idea, now if I could just find one that might be worth seeing!

According to Yahoo, the top five movies last weekend were:

#1 – The 40 Year Old Virgin
#2 – The Brothers Grimm
#3 – The Red Eye
#4 – Four Brothers
#5 – Wedding Crashers

Now let’s see. The “Wedding Crashers” sounds like one of the DUMBEST plots I’ve ever heard of and “The Four Brothers” is, as I understand it, basically a remake of “The Sons of Katie Elder” in modern dress. My reaction to reading a blurb about the plot of “Red Eye” is that anyone who has ever flown the Red Eye knows about all you care about is catching some shut eye. Hey, you want to assassinate someone? Go right ahead, just don’t wake me up.

“The Brothers Grimm” looked a little interesting based upon its TV Trailers but I see that both critics and fans rated it a semi-awful C+. I call that getting panned.

That’s leaves me with “The 40 Year Old Virgin.” My reaction to that is you have got to be kidding!

No comments: