Monday, August 08, 2005

George Bush and Intelligent Design

Somehow I missed this one last week. It seems President Bush believes Intelligent Design should be "discussed" alongside Evolution when the origin of life is taught.

I'm not exactly sure what that means. Considering that every reputable scientific organization has said that ID is not science and doesn't belong in a science classroom, "discussed" could lead to lots of things depending upon the location and the teacher. One could "discuss" ID by pointing out how it's a pseudoscience that is simply Creationism warmed over I guess. But I doubt that's what Dubyah meant.

When the President of the country begins pushing pseudoscientific nonsense into the classroom, regardless of the advice of the leading scientific organizations in the country, we're beyond being in big trouble. I wonder if I can find a nice apartment in Amsterdam somewhere?

No comments: