Monday, August 29, 2005

HBO’s Rome

Watched the premier of the show HBO has been advertising all summer last night. Final verdict, so-so but maybe I might catch the next couple of episodes if I get the chance and I remember.

I thought using Vorenus and Pullo from Caesar’s Commentaries as major characters was more than a little creative. Except I don’t think one was a centurion like in the show; if I remember correctly both were common legionnaires.

What I didn’t really get was what was the purpose of the rather blatant and extensive nudity in the show? I’m no prude but mein Gott, I think that was a little over the top and it served no real purpose. I think the points that were to be made in the nude scenes could have been made with a little more modesty. Actually, a LOT more modesty would have been good.

No comments: