Tuesday, September 08, 2026

Race for the Senate 2026

Polls are often skewed by 2-3 points. People will express frustration with the party in power even if they usually vote for it. Doing so in a poll is harmless, but doing so in the voting booth is not so harmless, and they tend to revert to the party they support even if they are upset with it. 

I think the polls are skewed 2-3 in the Dems favor especially in typically red states. So, assuming that's correct, I expect Iowa, Texas, Ohio and Alaska to be won by Republicans. That will give the GOP 51 seats and put New Hampshire, Michigan and Maine in play, but I suspect the Dems will still win those three races. Moody (R) will win in Florida. Ossoff will win in Georgia and Cooper will win in North Carolina. 

These calls may change in the eight weeks still remaining, but it's where I think things will go right now.

No comments: