Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Joe Judge as Giants Head Coach

What do I think of Judge as the Head Coach of my Giants? I don't think anything yet.

Like everyone else I was surprised and, like everyone else, I was impressed with his first news conference. I have two concerns so far.

First, I'm hoping the choice wasn't made because Judge is just going to be an extension of Gettleman going with whatever decisions are made by the GM. I suppose we won't really know about this one until the draft.

Second, Judge seems to be surrounding himself with old buddies. This is not necessarily a bad thing. It's good to have people around you that you trust but it can lead to group think if everyone is too similar.

I'm really hoping Judge can get Jason Garrett to take the OC job. That would go a long was toward calming my second fear.

No comments: