Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Luck or RG III?

With draft day rapidly approaching it’s a sure thing that Andrew Luck from Stanford and Robert Griffin III from Baylor will go 1-2. The question is who will be 1 and who will 2?

The Colts have the first pick and most people seem to think they’ll pick Luck but some rumblings out of Indianapolis have suggested that may not be a sure thing. The Redskins traded for the #2 pick with the clear intention of drafting RG III but if the Colts cross everyone up, I’m sure they’ll be thrilled to get Luck instead.

These are the kind of decisions that can break a GM. Think back to how many sure fire QB picks turned into complete busts. Let’s remember the last time there were two sure fire franchise QB picks. The Colts got Peyton Manning and the Chargers got Ryan Leaf.

So, if I were the Colts, who would I pick?

I think I would take RG III. He just strikes me as the kind of guy that will adapt better and have more impact sooner.

Of course that would be hell of a risk by the Colt’s GM in going against the conventional wisdom but I wouldn’t be surprised. I'll be at MetLife Stadium on April 26th for the draft party when it happens. Should be interesting.

No comments: