Sunday, August 23, 2009

Atta Boy Barney

Representative Barney Frank absolutely unloaded on a lady at a town hall meeting that called Obama's Health Reform plans a Nazi policy.

Good for him. There is a time and aplace for that kind of extreme comparison but only if done knowingly as taking something to the extreme. I could be criticized for doing that myself but I'm not serious like this lady was. I use the comparisons, like when I compared Sarah Palin's "big lie" about Death Panels to the "big lie" philosophy espoused by Nazi propaganda, to make a point.

The point is that there is a limit and we need to be careful in our passions that we don't cross the line.

I was in D.C. during the week and took a tour of the capitol building. They show a film that talks about the give and take compromise necessary for making a democracy work. I couldn't help thinking that we're so divided that we're no longer capable of doing that.

No comments: