Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hectic, Hectic, HECTIC!!!

I don't know about you, but my life seems to go in cycles. Either nothing is happening or it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day or days in the week.

Did they shorten the week when I wasn't looking? I haven't even been able to steal a half-hour or so to update my poor neglected little blog. Yes, I miss you darling.

The biggest things seem to be Bush and Congress at logger heads over Iraq, Seat Beltless Johnny Corsine and the poor memory of Alberto Gonzalez.

Here's hoping the Democrats, and those Republicans with some integrity left, show some backbone and let Bush the Unhinged and his cronies understand that it's still the Meandering Herd that runs this country. I can hope, but I'm not going to bet any of my hard earned shekels on it.

I don't believe Corzine. Careening down the highway at 90 miles an hour heading to a meeting between Imus and the Rutgers girls basketball team, that he probably should have kept out of anyway, without a seat belt! Bada-bing, bada-boom, a little accident and he ends up in the hospital. This guy is not impressing me. How did he get his money anyway? He must have inherited it. The only good part about it was Cody took over while Seat Beltless Johnny was recovering. Probably got more accomplished in those few days then Johnny did the past year.

Which brings us to Alberto of the faulty memory. Anybody checked this guy for a loose brain? How could you not be able to recall so many things associated with your freaking job? You don't suppose he could have been fibbing do you? What a surprise; a Bush crony fibbing. You'd think they'd at least TRY to look competent.

Oh yeah, one other thing, I got a copy of Brian Flemming's "The God that Wasn't There." It's excellent when Flemming focuses on his main theme about Jesus being a myth, but is sort of uneven when it strays from the main argument. I thought his "Story of Jesus in Under Six Minutes" was simply great. Flemming puts together a combined gospels biography using archive film footage from a 1905 vintage French silent film and a 1950's vintage biblical serial. The combined result is an absolute hoot and well worth the price of the DVD.

To be honest Flemming doesn't convince me any more than Earl Doherty convinced me that Jesus of Nazareth was a mythical creation. Nor have they convinced me that Paul doesn't refer to Jesus. He does when has to, and only when he has to, because Paul is totally focused on the brilliance of Paul. Even Jesus plays a back seat to Paul in Paul's mind. Heaven forbid that Paul should allow his own importance to be eclipsed by anyone, including the Son of God. At least that's how I figure Paul viewed things.

At the very end, Flemming films himself committing the Unforgivable Sin in the Chapel where he went to school as a child. The inclusion of the response to the Blashemy Challenge was a bit of a surprise. Personally I don't see the point of doing that, but I'm sort of weird.

Still, the Flemming film is certainly worth a look. I recommend that everyone watch it and come to their own conclusions. That reminds me, I really need to send Flemming an e-mail telling him how much I enjoyed his God film and expressing how much I'm not looking forward to his next Bat Boy film.

No comments: