Saturday, September 26, 2020

Trump's Supreme Court Pick

As expected Trump has named Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG on the Supreme Court. 

I didn't think he could come up with a worse pick then Kavanaugh but this lady just might qualify. 

Barrett is a religious nut job. Her appointment has managed to convince me that packing the court, something I have always opposed, might actually be a good idea. 

She believes that simple bread and wine can actually be changed into the body and blood of a man who, if he ever existed, died over two thousand years ago. If it was supposed to be symbolic it wouldn't bother me so much. 

But the claim is that the substance actually changes despite the fact that they still LOOK like bread and wine and if you test the wine, it's still wine and if you test the bread, it's still bread. 

I read an editorial in the Washington Post claiming that no one can question her intellect. I'm sorry, but yes, I CAN question the intellect of someone who believes something so preposterous.

She also is apparently not a big believer in stare decisis so Roe v. Wade is in great danger as are the hard won rights gained by LGBTQ folks.

It's just another disaster in this year of disasters.

No comments: