Tuesday, October 01, 2013

The Government is Shut Down

Well, it's October 1st and two things have happened. The Health Insurance Exchanges are "open" for business and the Federal Government is closed.

I put "open" in quotes because I tried to get on and there are so many people already on the Exchanges it's basically impossible. I'll either try at about 3 AM or wait a week or two until things settle down.

As for the government shutdown, thank the Republicans for being bigger dumb shits than usual and the Democrats, for once in their lives, not being pussies as usual. You'll excuse the language but I reserve profanity for VERY special occasions and this is one of those.

In the meantime the DOW went up by 60 points. This I look upon as further evidence that our so-called market experts are just as clueless as everyone else.

At least so far it looks as if the electorate is putting the blame where it belongs. In the latest poll about 63% place the blame on the GOP. Let's hope they remember come November 2014 but I wouldn't count on it.

No comments: