Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Birthday Slipped By

I didn't even acknowledge my birthday this year. Probably because I'm too depressed. I hit 64 on October 5, 2012.

To be honest with you I'm amazed I made it this far. I figured I'd get killed on Route 3 by now.

I'm in pretty good shape. At 6'1" and hovering between 188 and 192 pounds my weight is ok. My blood pressure is in the 120/70 range and my cholesterol is minimal with the HDL having a favorable ratio over the LDL. Even my PSA looks good at 0.9.

That's the problem with people in their 60s. They give you their medical numbers. Before 60 they ignore them and after 70 the numbers are usually so lousy they want to forget them.

Work sucks more than usual as we're in the middle of a drastic slow down and going through "reductions in force" about every three months. I'm hanging around sort of hoping my number will come up so I can retire.

Assuming a don't get a pink slip sooner, I'm thinking of hanging up my guns on May 1, 2013. If, for some bizarre reason I decide not to, I'm definitely calling it quits on November 1, 2013.

So look out world, me having all that free time on my hands might get interesting.

Maybe I'll run for King. I wouldn't want to be president, too many limitations, but King, that might work.

No comments: