Sunday, March 15, 2020

The Corona Virus March 15, 2020

There are currently 3,773 reported cases in the US and 69 reported deaths. That's an increase of 803 cases and 11 deaths. 

Washington has 769 cases and 42 deaths.
New York has 746 cases and 6 deaths.
California has 431 cases and 6 deaths.

Here in New Jersey we have 108 cases and 2 deaths.

New York City is finally shutting down its school system. Most towns in Northern New Jersey are going into a sort of shutdown with more and more restrictions. So far the virus appears unimpressed.

One big question relates to the amount of testing occurring. It's clearly not as available as people would like. Mike Pence has promised over a million test kits distributed next week. 

That would be good but given this administration hasn't done anything right yet you'll excuse me if I take a wait an see attitude.

What isn't clear about the case numbers is are they reasonably accurate or way under due to a testing ceiling? I'm pretty sure they're limited by a testing ceiling I just don't know by how much.

In the meantime Republicans continue to make light of the situation and their adoring adherents are listening to them. This is allowing things to spiral out of control.

I went out for a dozen bagels this morning and the bagel would normally have all of its tables full. They were all empty. I wasn't brave enough to try the supermarket. I'll try it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

My itchy throat seems to have subsided so that's good.

No comments: