Tuesday, November 05, 2019

CFP Ranking Prediction

Well. it's that time again. The first official College Football Playoff (CFP) ranking will be released at 9 PM tonight. I'm thinking the top six will look as follows:

#1 - Alabama (8-0)
#2 - LSU (8-0)
#3 - Ohio State (8-0)
#4 - Clemson (9-0)
#5 - Penn State (8-0)
#6 - Georgia (7-1)

I've seen predictions that LSU will be #1 and that's possible but I think the CFP is going to go with Alabama. The two teams are playing Saturday so whoever wins that game will almost certainly be #1 in next week's poll regardless of where they end up today.

I saw at least one columnist saying that Ohio State will be #1 but I can't believe that it won't be an SEC team so either Alabama or LSU.

The same columnist felt that Penn State would be #4 rather than Clemson and I suspect that's more likely than Ohio State at #1. Clemson hasn't looked that good this year and I'm not overly impressed with their schedule.

Still, Clemson will probably finish 12-0, unless they stumble against Wake Forest in two weeks. I don't see them losing to NC State or South Carolina although I suppose you never know.

LSU and Alabama play each other this week and Ohio State and Penn State play each other November 23rd so at least two of Clemson's main rivals will have at least one loss. Georgia already has a loss as does Oregon, Utah and Oklahoma.

Anyway, let the games begin.

No comments: