Saturday, November 09, 2019

CFP Ranking Week #1 Scores

The final scores of the games after the week #1 rankings. Upsets are in italics.

Maryland - 14 at Ohio State - 73
LSU - 46 at Alabama - 41
Penn State - 26 at Minnesota (17) - 31
Clemson - 55 at NC State - 10
Missouri - 0 at Georgia - 27
Iowa State - 28 at Oklahoma - 42
Oregon - Bye
Utah - Bye
Vanderbilt - 0 at Florida - 56

The big news was Minnesota's upset of Penn State moving the Gophers to 9-0 for the first time since 1904. Funny, it seems like yesterday.

The LSU vs. Alabama game was everything you could expect resulting in the highest point total ever in the 124 year history of the series.

So, how will this shake things up?

Obviously Penn State will fall out of the top 4 and will I suspect be replaced by Clemson. I think the win over Alabama should send LSU to #1 but given the competitiveness of the game I don't see any reason for Alabama to drop out of the top four. So I'm thinking the top six will look as follows:

#1 - LSU (9-0)
#2 - Ohio State (9-0)
#3 - Clemson (10-0)
#4 - Alabama  (8-1)
#5 - Georgia (8-1)
#6 - Oregon (8-1)


But I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State stayed at #1, Alabama was #3 and Clemson #4. My choices are just my opinion. We'll see Tuesday what the CFB committee decides.

No comments: