Saturday, September 07, 2019

So, Here We Go.

Another NFL season is upon us. The Packers squeaked by the Bears last Thursday by 7-3. The rest of the league gets it in gear this Sunday or Monday.

The Giants are at the Cowboys and I have no idea what to expect. Is Dave Gettleman a genius or a fool? He's probably a little of both so I'm not expecting a big surprise either way.

Manning will be under center and I don't expect to see Daniel Jones unless there is a blowout one way or the other.

There are big questions on offense. Manning's arm strength is clearly questionable despite his work with a major league baseball pitching coach. The wide receiver corps is a bit of question mark as well especially with Golden Tate on suspension.

The bigger question mark to my mind is the defense. It was really the defense that lost games last year. Hopefully it will be a bit better but I don't expect any significant improvement.

So I suppose we shall see what we shall see.

Now excuse me while I find my crying towels for tomorrow.

No comments: