Tuesday, May 08, 2012

In my Inbox

Every once in a while I like to capture the contents of my Inbox. I do it randomly but when it’s not that overloaded. Here’s the haul for Tuesday Morning, May 8th, 2012.

Broadway.com – An advertisement for “Rock of Ages.” I go to Broadway shows with some regularity but I’m not interested in “Rock of Ages.” My wife and daughter did mention something about going a while back. Maybe I’ll forward it to them.

Jeremy Kennedy – An e-mail with an embedded video campaigning against Amendment One to be voted on in North Carolina today. While I oppose Amendment One, since I live in New Jersey there’s not much more I can do about it.

Congressional Budget Office – According to the CBO, the federal deficit was $721 billion for the first seven months of fiscal 2012 (can you spell red ink?). Believe it or not that’s an improvement of $149 billion over 2011.

Physicsworld.com – An announcement for an upcoming webinar about Modular Raman spectroscopy. I think I’ll pass since I haven’t the faintest idea what that is.

Sears Home Services – A repair appointment confirmation. My washing machine is acting up.

Amazon.com – An advertisement about flowers for Mother’s Day.

Jeremy Kennedy – An appeal to vote today against Amendment One which might be frowned upon by the authorities given that I don’t live in North Carolina. From what I understand this Amendment is most likely going to pass indicating that we still have a ways to go in this country when it comes to gay rights.

NFL Newsletter – Desperately looking for stories in the post NFL Draft pre-pre-season time frame.

Eat This Not That – An article about the eight scariest restaurant meals which ETNT calls “dietary axe murderers in disguise.” All of these meals are over 2,000 calories with the worst offender, the Cheesecake Factories Bistro Shrimp Pasta, weighing in at a staggering 2,730 calories with 78 grams of saturated fat. To put this in perspective, my maximum daily calorie intake (at 6’1,” 192 lbs, since I go to the gym 5 times a week) is around 2,500 calories and my maximum saturated fat intake is around 27 grams. So this meal is more than a full days worth of calories and almost three full days worth of saturated fat.

Bob Menendez – The senator from New Jersey is complaining about the Republican’s not wanting to renew the “Paycheck Fairness Act” which Bob calls a “reasonable update to a bill passed in 1963.” The problem of course is it’s not 1963 and any semblance of “reasonable” has long ago left the Republican Party. Still, I wonder what he means by “update?”

New Republic – An article about the failure of Europe to successfully cope with the current large scale Muslim immigration. I have to wonder if any western country could handle this. Let’s face it, lower class Muslims don’t fit well into western democracies and probably never will. They refuse assimilation and western society can’t allow their fanatical religious viewpoints. It’s a marriage made in hell. I’m glad we don’t have that problem here. Mexicans are easy compared to Muslims.

Expedia.com – Advertisement.

BerganPAC – Advertisement.

Kirsten Gillibrand – The senator from New York also complaining about the Republicans and the “Paycheck Fairness Act.” I must be on some sort of “Democratic Party Central List.”

As I was typing, these came in.

SodaHead Sports – Do I forgive Metta World Peace? Not I don’t. AKA John Artest is a hoodlum on the court and needs to be reined in.

Broadway Direct – An advertisement for “Ghost” which my daughter could have gotten free tickets to but it was a Wednesday night so I passed. Too much of a hassle to schlep downtown on a Wednesday.

Ok, so that’s the lot. Not terribly exciting perhaps but it keeps me in touch with what’s going on and who wants me to do what.

No comments: