Monday, February 08, 2010

Super Bowl XLIV

Of course I picked the Colts. I guess that’s why I’m not working as a football analyst.

I was riding high in the first quarter with the Colts up 10-0. The onside kick at the start of the 2nd half fooled me as well as everyone else. If the Colts had recovered and scored to make it 17-6, I’m convinced they would have won. Instead it was the Saints that recovered and made it 13-10.

The fact that Manning managed a drive to temporarily retake the lead 17-13 was irrelevant. That onside kick won the game.

When it works you’re a genius. If it hadn’t worked, Shawn Peyton would have been crucified by the sports pundits.

Anyway, final score Saints 31, Colts 17 so I end up with a losing record this year in NFL playoff predictions 5-6. Guess I’ll keep my day job.

As for the Pam and Tim Tebow commercial, it didn't even make a whole lot of sense to me. If I didn't know the story ahead of time, I wouldn't know what the hell they were talking about. When it started, I actually thought at first it was a continuation of the commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda that had preceded it.

I doubt too many of the NFL fans rushed to the Focus on the Family web site, as they were invited to, in order to get the whole Pam and Tim Tebow story.

No comments: