Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Not Much Going on?

Every once in a while you have to catch yourself when you’re leafing through the news and you begin to say, “Gee, there’s not much going on.”

The problem is that even on a so-called slow news day, there are terrible things going on. Children are missing, people are on death row, Bush is still in office, the troops are still in harm’s way in Iraq and every day there are more that will never come home again.

I’m sort of reminded of the old question, “When does a minor problem become a major problem?” Answer, “When it’s YOUR problem.”

I’ve got a few problems, we all do. Because they’re my problems, they appear catastrophic. Yes, a piano just fell on your head but at least your car battery hasn’t died on you. Your problems are minor and nothing to worry about, but mine are major crises that I have to worry about.

I understand the psychology but it doesn’t stop me from worrying. Sucks, doesn’t it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»